Styling tips for Summer Sessions
- Wear light, breathable fabrics – The type of fabric you choose to wear in the summer can be so important. The light and breathable fabrics will keep you cooler.
- Light-colored clothing – Light colors reflect light, so this will help you stay a little bit cooler while we move through your session.
- Dresses – Ladies, this is the perfect time to wear them! Dresses, short or long, are a great way to stay cool and provide extra airflow to keep you cool.
- Sandals or open-toe shoes
- Textured or patterned fabrics can help hide sweat stains.
- Wear an undershirt – For the guys who plan on wearing a button-down to their session. Wearing a white undershirt will help sweat stains stay away longer.
- If you have long hair, consider wearing it up off of your neck.
Things I would pass on…
- Dark-colored, heavy fabrics – This type of fabric tends to draw in the heat and make you warmer faster. Stay away from denim and choose cotton or linen instead.
- Too many layers would be best for a fall session. Keep anything you wear light and simple.
A few other suggestions…
- Bring water to help keep you hydrated and a towel to keep you dry. We will have time during your session to take breaks for touch-ups and sips of water.
- An outfit change – If your first outfit gets super sweaty mid-photo session, you can always change into a second outfit. It could simply be a quick shirt change to ensure fresh photos.