TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL NEWBORN SESSION
- It is best to schedule your session with me ahead of time. I book a limited number of sessions each month to ensure my availability. You will be added to my calendar by your approximate due date. Once the baby is born we will select your session date. I prefer to schedule newborn session around 7-14 days old.
- Keep your baby awake and try to feed them 20-30 minutes prior to your session. This will help ensure a sleepy baby for our session time. The newborn poses you see shared on my website and social media handles are done best when the baby is asleep.
- I have a collection of wraps, bonnets, headbands, props, etc. No need to bring a thing. My style is simple and I prefer not to use commercial themes. You will receive a client questionnaire prior to your session to help with styling. If you have any questions about your session please contact me prior to your session date.
- Please feel free to bring a snack or lunch. The studio has a small kitchenette and provides a coffee/tea maker and water in the refrigerator.
- If siblings are included in the session, please bring some entertainment or plan for a family member to pick them up after family poses are complete.
- Please bring everything you need for changing and feeding the baby. I provide a changing area but not your needed items. I also suggest a change of clothes incase of accidents.
- Please bring the baby a pacifier. It often helps to soothe babies into poses we want, makes for easier transitions, and helps getting them to sleep. The Soothies brand or any smooth silicone style works best. The hard plastic style is not preferred. They tend to make marks on the face.